Accounts Assistant / Book-keeper (Part-Time)
Position available in a well-established and successful family-run equestrian company. Our offices are friendly and informal, based on the outskirts of Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire.
- Reconcile and monitor credit card holding account and individual credit card accounts on the balance sheet.
- Post staff expenses into accounting system, ensuring accurate allocation to clients.
- Post bank charges and interest into accounting system.
- Posting customer payments from the bank statements, credit cards and cheques onto accounting system.
- Reconciling and posting business credit card statements onto sage.
- Raise automated invoices and checking them for accuracy.
- Post invoices, credit notes and receipts onto accounting system.
- Reconcile all bank accounts monthly, investigating and following up on any missing reconciliation documents.
- Preparation and create online submission of quarterly VAT returns.
- General filing and administration to support the Director.
Core skills and attributes
- Good understanding of accountancy and book-keeping.
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office and Sage 50.
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
- The ability to communicate effectively on all levels and by all means.
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Good Literacy and numeracy skills and have a good eye for detail.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments and solve problems.
- Willingness and ability to learn and grow to meet the changing requirements of the job.
- Flexible on working hours during busy periods of the year and to cover staff holidays.
- 2 years book-keeping experience. Previous experience in multi-currency bookkeeping preferable but essential.
- Full UK driving license (we are in a rural location, with limited public transport).
Hours of work : 5 hours, one day a week
Remuneration: Depending on experience/qualifications + 20 Days Holiday (pro rata)
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your current CV and a covering letter stating why you are the ideal candidate for the job to email@example.com